Sajid Khan: After writing to Information and Broadcasting Minister Anurag Thakur to demand that MeToo accuser Sajid Khan be removed from Bigg Boss 16, DCW Chief Swati Maliwal revealed that she is being harassed.
Swati Maliwal, the head of the Delhi Commission for Women, alleged that she has received rape threats ever since she spoke out against Sajid Khan’s participation on Bigg Boss 16. She shared a snapshot of her Instagram page on Wednesday showing the abusive comments. She stated that ever since she filed a letter requesting Sajid’s removal from the reality show to Information and Broadcasting Minister Anurag Thakur, she has been harassed. The director was one of those accused during the MeToo movement in India.
Sajid Khan Trending on Twitter
Maliwal stated in her tweet that she had already reported the incident to the police and hoped the offenders would receive severe punishment. “Ever since I filed a letter to the I&B minister to remove #SajidKhan from Bigg Boss, I have been receiving rape threats on Instagram,” the DCW president stated in Hindi while posting the screenshots. They clearly want to stop us. I’m making a complaint to the Delhi Police so they may file a FIR and look into the situation. The perpetrators should be apprehended quickly.
After the premiere of Bigg Boss 16 on October 1, Maliwal said on Twitter that she had previously written to Anurag Thakur to alert him regarding Sajid’s appearance on the show. Ten women had accused Sajid Khan of sexual harassment during the #MeToo movement, she tweeted in Hindi. All of these grievances expose Sajid’s repulsive worldview. Now, this man has a spot on Bigg Boss, which is incorrect. In order to have Sajid Khan removed from this show, I have written to @ianuragthakur.
Several women accused Sajid Khan of unethical behaviour and sexual harassment during the MeToo movement in 2018. After many women accused the director of sexual harassment in 2018, the Indian Film and Television Directors’ Association (IFTDA) placed him on a year-long suspension.
None of the contestants, the producers, host Salman Khan, or Sajid addressed the issue. Instead, in the first episode of the show, Sajid was hailed as a hero. The director continued to disparage his fellow “TV actors” competitors while claiming to be an expert in the field.
While many celebrities have kept silent on the matter, others, including Sona Mohapatra, have denounced his involvement and called out others who have, including Farhan Akhtar, remained silent. The most recent critic of the show is actor Devoleena Bhattacharjee, who said to Aaj Tak, “It tears my heart to see him on national television, attempting to prove he is a hero.” She stated, “I feel horrible thinking about where our society is going.”
— Close —